Monday, April 9, 2012

Revlon Lipbutters!!!! Finally in the UK!!!

For those of you who didn't realize this, the Revlon Lipbutters that have been around in the US and probably Canada since last year, have finally made their way to the UK.  I've been reading about this product all over the blog world and have never waited so impatiently for a makeup product to come out.

Last week, I went out to get my very own collection of colours but was very disappointed to find out that many of the colours I wanted were already out of stock.  I managed to get 2 out of the several I wanted.

I've order 3 more online and will post them up when they arrive.

First of all, I want to talk about the product.

Texture:  The product is quite creamy and sort of half way between a lipgloss, lipbalm and a lipstick.  It's super moisturizing and feels more like you've got a lipbalm on rather than a lipstick.

Colour:  The colour is buildable. You can wear it sheer or apply a few coats to make it more opaque and intense.  The two colours I bought were sheer but able to build to a more intense colour.  However, from other reviews I read, depending on the colour, some may be more creamy and intense than others.

Finish:  I love the look of this lipstick.  Its quite glossy but sort of looks like you've applied a gloss over a lipstick.

Overall opinion:  I love this lipstick and I think it's really been worth the wait.  The price in the UK at GBP 7.99 is also amazing.  Boots is currently having a 3 for 2 sale so it's actually even cheaper than that if you're buying more than one colour.  My lips feel great.  It feels like I've applied lipbalm on before hand and my lips feel incredibly soft and moisturized.

The two colours I bought were Cupcake and Berry Smoothie.  I was looking for Peach Parfait which was sold out in all stores I went to and for some reason, Cherry Tart which is available in the US is not available here.  It's supposed to be a sheer red.  I'm going to try Candy Apple instead and let you guys know how that is as well.

For now, here are the Cupcake and Berry Smoothie looks.

Cupcake:
A very light pastel pink
 It's a great everyday look that can balance out a smokey or darker eyeshadow look




Berry Smoothie:
A medium toned raspberry pink


Can be worn everyday with neutral eyes



Stay tuned for a look at 3 more colours from Revlon Lipbutters!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment